Slow Cooker Ribs
- 2 racks pork ribs
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite seasoning blend or rib rub (Meat Church voodoo or honey hog)
- 1 – 1.5 cups of barbecue sauce (homemade or store-bought)
*The barbecue sauce is a key ingredient here (since the ribs won't have any smoke/grill flavor), so make sure to choose a brand or recipe that you LOVE! Try a smoky and sweet Kansas City-style sauce with a spicy barbecue sauce for a good balance of sweet and spicy.
- Season your rack of ribs with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and your favorite seasoning blend. Place the ribs in the crock-pot on their side (standing up) with the meatier side facing the inner wall.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over the ribs on both sides and let it drip down.
- Close the lid and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours or until the ribs are very tender (meat easily comes off the bone and/or the ribs separate without much effort).
- To serve, gently move the ribs to a large platter or baking sheet and spoon some of the cooking juices all over the rack, making sure to supply extra barbecue sauce on the side for those who want it
- If you want to crisp your ribs up a bit you can put under broiler for 5 min