Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
The best Oven Baked Chicken Thighs you'll ever taste. These juicy thighs are baked in a simple, honey mustard sauce studded with garlic and thyme for a deliciously savory dish you can enjoy any day of the week
- 1/2 cup stone ground mustard
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 5thyme sprigs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, stock, and garlic. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat. Once skillet is hot, add oil.
- Season chicken thighs generously with salt and pepper.
- Sear chicken thighs skin side down for about 3 minutes or until browned. Flip each thigh over and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat. (this can be done in batches so you don’t overcrowd the skillet when searing). Once all thighs have been seared, drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet and fit all thighs into skillet, if done in batches.
- Pour sauce over chicken thighs and add thyme sprigs.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes (or until the internal temperature of chicken reaches 175˚F and juices run clear when pierced with a knife).
- Remove skillet from oven and allow chicken to rest, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over chicken thighs, season with a little more salt and pepper and sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves. Serve.
If using bone-in thighs increase cooking time 10-15 minutes
Recipe & Photo Credit: Teri & Jenny, Spoon Fork Bacon