- 4 chicken supreme breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt flaked sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper freshly ground black pepper
- 2 shallots peeled and finely chopped
- 100 g bacon smoked bacon lardons
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon flour plain or all purpose
- 100 ml white wine fry
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 300 ml double cream heavy
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tarragon fresh, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
- 200 g mushrooms button
Put the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the shallots for about 5 minutes until soft.
Add half of the butter and tip in the mushrooms and lardons for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Peel and crush the garlic and add it to the pan, stirring for 1 minute.
Remove the mushroom mix from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl.
Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper and season all over with the salt and pepper.
Add the remaining butter to the pan and place the chicken in, skin side down.
Cook for about 10 minutes until the skin is really crisp and golden then turn over and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Add the flour to the pan and use a wooden spoon to stir into the buttery juices for 1 minute.
Pour in the wine and cook for a minute then stir in the stock and tarragon.
The mixture should start to thicken as it comes to the boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer before adding the cream and mustard.
Return the mushroom mixture to the pan and stir the sauce well to combine.
Recipe credit: Chez Le Reve Francais